In the few minutes I find here and there, I made a cover for the new sketchbook my friend, Nancy picked up for me at Barnes and Noble on our recent trip to Maine.
Since I had all these stamped bits and pieces to chose from, I decided to incorporate one of my stamped raspberries with some of my hand dyed fabrics. I wanted to embellish the cover a bit more, so I used Shiva Paintsticks to rub a leaf design on both back and front.
I made a pocket on each side for the covers to slip over and know they will stay put.
I also painted a one inch wide strip and fused and stitched it to the front for more interest. I used some shiny thread I had and finisheded by adding a charm and a bead. And there would be no chance I would be sewing those on! I used my handy dandy E-6000 to glue them in place!
There won’t be any awards given out for my design and execution, but I like it and I think it adds some class to my stack of sketchbooks and moleskins.
And in our “Tomato Talk” corner, because I know everyone is simply itching to know how mine are doing, don’t these look yummy!