I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The quilt in my banner was the turning point for me in my need to always be creative. With 2 small children at home, I decided to embrace what was in front of me and take it and run! We always made our gift paper and cards and my daughter drew a wonderful picture telling me, "Mama! There are birds in our garden!". Fortunately something made me trace this small rendering before it was sent off to the lucky birthday girl. Next thing I knew I had used my overhead projector to enlarge it, pulled some of my hand dyed fabrics off the shelf, heated up the wonder under and created what is still my most favourite quilted piece. I recently made up a miniature version for the artist - my daughter, Simone - to hang in her room and although I have never been anxious to make more than 1 block of any design, I know I could happily reproduce this gem many times over!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jen!!:):) I know you will thoroughly entertain the lucky folks who follow your blog, regaling them with witty stories and sharing your wonderful artwork. I am waiting to read your first, best seller, novel :):) I have no doubt it will happen!:):)

    ReplyDelete