I had some false starts on my first single bed quilt but I am finally humming along nicely! There have been a few odd issues with my new longarm and it took far too long to figure out the latest problem. As an indication of how these machines are attune to every nuance, I discovered through trial and error and many hours of going back and forth and under the table, that there were 3 very, very small nicks in the aluminum carriage rail. So, every time the wheel rolled over them, my line of stitching went haywire. After getting my hubby to consult with me over this, I used some very fine grade black sandpaper to rub the nicks down. And now my machine glides just as I dreamed it was supposed to! Wonderful! And a relief.
The first idea I started stitching just wasn’t working for me and I am so glad I took the time to pull out what I had done and start again. I am quite happy with the direction I am going with this piece. I am about half way through the quilting. Now, as long as I don’t run out of thread....Today I am joining up with The Needle and Thread Network.