This card trick quilt is the largest top I have loaded on my longarm to date. I quilted it in an over all freehand pattern of cabbage roses that I am developing. I quilt the flower and leaves and then echo quilt them with some swirly little twigs, quilting each as a unit. I used Glide Cotton Candy in both the top and bottom threads.
This quilt was quilted with the same thread - and not just because I had wound too many bobbins! This time I used a pantograph - my first! - and learned many valuable lessons in thread tension. I think many of us are hesitant to adjust our thread tensions because it feels like we are wandering into the unknown, but it is just something you have to get comfortable with. When I did get the correct tension, the rest of my quilting was effortless, undoubtedly a great feeling!