I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

More Sun Prints

After a string of wet, rainy days, the sun popped out and I hurried to make the most of it. There was a wash on the line, some biscuits baked in my outdoor oven and a few more sun prints completed. 
 Creating these fabrics is addictive. 

Close up

Close up                                                                        

5 comments:

  1. OMG! How awesome! What's the trick to getting it so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back and read your post on how you do this amazing technique. I missed that post. Now I know how you get it so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauJuly 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM

    It is super simple, Linda! I do find it is best to make sun prints on a day when there isn’t any wind because everything stays where you want it. I do mine on my living room deck which is fairly sheltered too and gets great sun all morning until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I will definitely be making more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!! What fun you've had!! You must teach this.... please???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer Scantlebury VienneauJuly 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

    Thanks, Lorette! These did turn out well - I was pleased. The problem with a scheduled class is that you have to be sure you have a perfect sun and little wind. Well, less wind is helpful - if it is windy, it is hard to keep your leaves and such in place and weights will leave marks. And you can do this indoors with lights, but it isn’t nearly as much fun.

    ReplyDelete