I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Participating in Hope and Survival, the Scroll of Remembrance

Yesterday was a great mail day! I received the envelope Laurie Swim sent me with everything I will need to be a part of her latest project, The Halifax Explosion Memorial Project entitled, "Hope and Survival”.
By sewing the beads on these pre-printed fabric sheets, I will contributing to the completion of the Scroll of Remembrance, a documentation of all those who passed away in the explosion. The beads are the Braille dots which accompany the written names, in itself an intricate part of the design as many were left sightless after the Explosion. I am thrilled to be participating in this wonderful piece of art which will honor and memorialize a very vital part of our Atlantic history.

If you are interested, check out Laurie’s directions here.

I am excited to start and excited to be included! 

No comments:

Post a Comment