I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A sunny rail fence quilt!

This is a top I quilted for a quilting friend who is also a member of the local guild I belong to, The Greater Moncton Quilt Guild. Rosemonde is a relatively new quilter and she did a beautiful job with her top! It was an absolute pleasure to quilt.

I used a pantograph called Peace Dove Sashing, enlarging it to suit the size of the blocks and overall top and then quilted it with a natural thread top and bobbin.
I don’t know where she bought that border fabric, but I love it! A little retro and a lot contemporary - such a great mix in my eyes!
























Linking to The Needle and Thread Network. Check out how productive everyone has been!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! It's just wonderful. Perfect quilting design and that border fabric is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really got this machine quilting now Jennifer...looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Linda! Turns out the quilting design was very close to the one on her pattern, so that felt good! And don’t you just love that border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Marjorie! I love quilting on my longarm! I have every tool going for quilting on my domestic and I did quilt that way for years but it was never comfortable and definitely took its' toll on me - I have severe carpal tunnel issues. It is such a relief to be able to quilt on the longarm without these problems being aggravated.

    ReplyDelete