I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Awash in spring pinks!

Spring and summer are hands down my most favorite times of year. I believe I was meant to live under palm trees, but in a garden would probably suffice just as well.

As I age, I enjoy flowers and greenery even more if that is possible. The really ironic thing is that I am a terrible gardener. However, one thing I have learned over the years is that I can take photos of flowers and trees and bushes and have my garden year round.....works for me. 

This past weekend we made a quick dash back and forth to Halifax, Nova Scotia  to spend some time with our daughter. We managed some delicious meals (food at this restaurant is always a favorite!), some birthday cake ala cheese cake, a lovely stroll along the waterfront, and another through the Public Gardens. The park is awash in blooming magnolias and rhododendrons and sharing soul that I am, here are a few shots I took......



These are the delightful blooms of the “double dip rhododendron! 

Beautiful tulips that greet you as you enter the gates!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Jennifer...my Rhododendren had lovely blossoms this year, but no leaves; well not worth mentioning. Is it because I haven't fed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really sure, Marjorie. I have leaves but no blossoms! And the leaves showed up so early this year that they some have turned brown and dropped off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like mine; except it happens after the blossoms leave....weird

    ReplyDelete