I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Color Abounds

I love when a dyeing session surpasses your expectations! This is fabric I picked up at G&S Dye on my last visit in Toronto. I was looking for PFD fabric, but the girl was unable to answer any questions about the rolls of fabric in their storefront, so I just took a chance and bought what I thought was a reasonable weight and weave. I used it for my abysmal snow dyeing attempt and then kind of forgot it was on my shelves (which actually means it was in a pile beneath other fabric that was acquired after....but, I sort of remembered it was there.....anyway.....). Yesterday I was over-dyeing a piece and without thinking, ripped off a few metres, scoured it and soaked it in a soda ash solution. Then I just starting playing. For me that is often the best way. No pre-planning, no intended result, just folding and scrunching and twisting and smooshing. 

I am happy with my results and of course, see the trend in my color choices. 

















































































4 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely rich happy color! What will you do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer VienneauApril 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM

    Well, initially I was going to use it in a wall hanging but now I am thinking I will use them in a quilt top - I dyed about 3 metres total. Right now I am just happy to drape them around my office area and soak up the vibe. Perfect with the wintery weather we are getting hit with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer VienneauApril 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM

    Thanks, Linda! I am loving them all!

    ReplyDelete