I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Quilts for Charity

One of the charity groups that is associated with our guild received a large quantity of tops recently so I volunteered to quilt a few to help out. Due to family and work commitments, I haven’t been able to participate in any of these charitable activities for quite a while so I felt helping out was long overdue. 

The first top was a small size - under 65 inch each side - so it quilted up quickly. I used a lovely swirly pantograph I had used before and some “cornblue” colored thread. It is a fine example of a colorful utility quilt that hopefully will bring a lucky recipient some cosiness and comfort.


























The second top was larger and had a very distinct autumn feel I chose an oak leaf pantograph with a taupe thread in the bobbin and a warm brown on the top. 





















































Both were great practice and I really enjoyed working on them. It felt great to get some tops on and off my machine.





4 comments:

  1. Great quilting!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Jennifer. They're both pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, Lorette! I am definitely comfortable with my machine now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Holly! Hopefully they will find loving homes.

    ReplyDelete