I come from a long line of sign writers and am happiest with a brush and some paint! Add
paint to fabric and I get really excited!!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mad About Teal - A Customer Quilt

This is another quilt I recently completed for a local quilter. This quilter is fairly new to the quilting scene and I know she will be creating more wonderful pieces as she continues. I was very impressed when she showed me her pieced back! I love when newbies step right into the quilting mayhem and ignore the quilting sheriffs out there..When I started quilting, I made my own rules and that same way of thinking has brought me much quilting joy over the years. I wish the same for her...

This is a small quilt called, “Mad About Teal” and I used her idea of swirling lines for the centre and continued with the same, adding perpendicular lines in the borders. It turned this lovely little quilt top into a cosy, comfy lap quilt for a very lucky girl!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work from both sewer and quilter. The quilt is really pretty in teal, one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely job Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought she did a great job and it was a pleasure to quilt it! It is a really sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete